Cannot list up existing documents

Documents exist but are not displayed in the ‘Documents’ tab.
I’ve tried delete cache/defragmenting database/cloud sync/reinstall marginnote app. but not resolved.

Please try importing these PDF files into MarginNote.

Your iCloud drive does not seem to be set up correctly. Did you move these files manually?

Regards,
Kevin

Please try importing these PDF files into MarginNote.
-> when i import an file, marginnote goes to hang. (cannot open)

Your iCloud drive does not seem to be set up correctly. Did you move these files manually?
-> no. this situation occured suddenly. i didn’t any change-related operation like move/modify the file, …

on my another device(ios and ipados), all files can be listed successfully.

Do you have other PDF annotation apps on your computer? They may prevent MarginNote from reading PDF files correctly.

Also see the wiki about importing: Importing

Regards,
Kevin

Do you have other PDF annotation apps on your computer? They may prevent MarginNote from reading PDF files correctly.
-> No, i don’t have any pdf anontation apps. and it tested without running any other apps like Preview

and when i tried import the pdf file, marginnote goes to hang.
(+ another case) sometimes pops up ‘PDF load error’

Hello, fujiko. Please try:

In Finder, go to:

~/Library/Containers/QReader.MarginStudyMac/Data/Documents

All your local documents in MarginNote are stored in this folder. Please check for your documents and copy and paste the unlisted documents here.

If this doesn’t help, please check the documents in the Cloud Sync window. When there exists a %E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BDdownload%402x next to the document, it means the document has not been downloaded to your Mac. Tap the icon to download the document.

Regards,
Lea
Support Team

uh…? it something’s wrong.
in lea’s screenshot, ‘Documents’ is a directory.
but in my mac, it’s a pdf file.

Document : pdf file that i tried to open.
Document.text : it seems MN’s annotation database for each document.

Untitled2

Hi fujiko,

Please try to use something like Disk Drill to recovery your PDFs. And re-establish your right document path ( delete that file and add new folder ).

The most important is what kind of operation did you do before things happen. That is really important for us to locate the reason. Have you do insert PDF pages operation

Screen%20Shot
?

Regards,
Lanco

yes, i’ve changed the page’s order using that feature before few minutes. it occurs hang too.

MN works correctly after delete ‘Documents’ file. thanks

When you import PDF files, marginnote actually doesn’t hang - it’s actually downloading the document you’re trying to import. You just have to wait until it downloads. At least that’s been the case for me.

Hi Fujiko,

We have found the reason and fix the vulnerability with MacOS. You will receive an update 3.6.4 recently.

Hope Disk Drill could help you got back your PDF files. And you could re-link your notes with the PDF under this instruction: Recovering files in a Mindmap Notebook
Every note in MarginNote is like PS layer on the PDF. These kinds of notes layer are separated in Doc notebook and Mindmap notebook. All of them is saved safely in MarginNote SQL database, which is different from PDFs. Furthermore, if some of your notes are Doc notes, you need to use a new Doc notes re-linking tool of 3.6.4 to get your notes back to your PDFs. If you have any trouble with notes data, the support team could help you.

NOTE: Disk data recovery needs to be done the sooner the better.

Regards,
Lanco