Developing for Windows or Android?

Does MN have any future plans to develop for the Windows or Android platform?

4 Likes

Hello,Rebs,
MN have the related plan, it’s still in the early stage of technical demonstration. After all, we need to first solve urgent issues, such as sync problems.
Regards,
Bryan

1 Like

Developing for both?

1 Like

When is Min gonna hire or train another developer?

1 Like

@Rebs

Min and I want to share our Product Philosophy of MarginNote with you. Hope the statement could give you faith.

Andriod will come as partly outsourse project later this year which also could be running as VM Packaging on windows linux. Now we are looking for suitable person to do so.

Regards,
Lanco

Why limit to the Chinese market you have an International market?
And often your screenshots are in Chinese so I don’t understand what you are trying to convey?

1 Like

The working language I talk about is Job and crew. Have no relationship with software language and market limitation.:sweat:

Lanco

Regarding screenshots with Chinese, If possible please use google translate before taking screenshot so we can better understand what you are trying to communicate.

I ve been using MN more than “4” years. And we are still waiting for windows version. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I really don’t understand what’s the point

Even the basic apps can make it both after a while…

@Relight_Support-Team

Also wondering why a version for Windows hasnt been released yet. LiquidText has released their version earlier this month, so Im hoping MarginNote can catch up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For reasons of energy and resource scheduling, we have no plans for Windows-related development at this time.

I am really Curious, what are you doing right now for this app ?

@marginnote
@Support-Team

1 Like

We are in the process of completely redoing the iCloud sync feature, which is the biggest project yet. Marginnote is also staying progressive and will periodically introduce experimental new features.

1 Like

It would be truly amazing to work with MN on an Android-based eInk reader, such are the ones made by Boox.

4 Likes

Hi,
This answer in post 6 marked as solution is different from that given by support team on jun 24.
Since this issue is important for a lot of us,

Could I please request you to clarify again if there are plan for development of a windows version?
And if there are plans for development for an android version?
If yes, Could we please get an approximate idea of when that is expected to be released?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi, there is a development plan for the Android version, but not for Windows.

Regards.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
As a suggestion - could you please make it possible to view marginnotes on the web browser if you dont have a full fledge windows plan.

I am not talking about a feature rich windows version but something extremely basic on the cloud which allows users to just view the pdf and highlight it?
Like a web based basic log in version instead of a windows version?

3 Likes

Hello

There were plans to develop the Web, but they were shelved due to lack of technical readiness, and may be a project that will be realized in the future.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

2 Likes

Hi
An android version was expected this year.
Could you please update us on timeline for android version release?

1 Like