Developing for Windows or Android?

Pls update on plans for android development.
It was expected by end of last year?

2 Likes

Hi
An android version was awaited.
Can please update us on it?

3 Likes

Last 3 questions have been on same topic. An official response will be much appreciated

2 Likes

i joined this forum just to request that a windows version be developed - or at least a version that works with a browser. I reccomend this app many times to fellow students, but many do not have iOS

2 Likes

They can use polar which works on windows

1 Like

Or try remnotes

2 Likes

Hi, any updates on android or windows development. Marginnote is an amazing app, but we need cross platform capabilities. Please

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion! I will try it.

You mean: https://getpolarized.io/? Can this prepare exceprts from pdf like LiquidText and marginnote? I will try it.

Support you. But margin for android would be challenging. One minor reason is because margin note has capability to split view (i am not talking abt split a pdf file into 2 seperate pdf files). Problem is if u look around , u canā€™t find a pdf reader in android OS that can do split view. I suspect cos android donā€™t have any API for that.

I agree. Boox will be the best partner for MN

1 Like

Hi team, how are we going with this project? I am honestly dying here with Liquidtext on Windows.

1 Like

When peopple ask me why i choose apple, i say
Ä° have to use apple because of the Margin Note thats the only reason unfortunatelly

1 Like

LOL. I honestly did think the same. ie. buying a cheap mac mini just to run margin note! I just downloaded a virtual machine thing as my last hope!

Yeah i tried too. Ä° had bought 2014 mac mini at cheap price . Ä° had channged SSD of it for upgrading speed. But if u want alsso channge Ram people advised me to buy 2012 version of it.

Virtual Machine also i tried but i couldnt find the speedd i wish.

Now i use ipad m1 with Huawei Mateview 28 inch with screen sharing. Ä° m pretty get usedd to it.

Any updates on this appā€™s availability on Android system? I wouldnt mind purchasing if itā€™s on Android to support syncing feature between devices! Thanks.

Yeah, Iā€™m getting the same results as you. I had a 2011 MacBook pro but I canā€™t update to the latest OS to use marginnote and the virtual machine is too slow. Just got the new mac mini M2 but Iā€™m now a bit nervous. Seems like marginnote team has been busy and struggling to update the app so I donā€™t know if itā€™s as good as I remembered it.

1 Like