【MN Third-Party Addon】Jan 28th 2021: Mymarkdown- immersive Markdown writing experience with support for Markdown, Latex, UML flowchart, and tables

Mymarkdown: immersive Markdown writing experience with support for Markdown, Latex, UML Flowchart, and tables

Special thanks to yllgl for creating this addon and to Sushi for translating this article.

Original Post

(Original post was written in Chinese)

Introduction

This markdown addon is based on the markdown editor of stackedit. It aims to solve many problems of MarginNote’s official markdown plugin. stackedit has support for mermaid and katex, and it can satisfy more people’s needs for different workflows. With it, you will be able to write more formulas using katex and create flow charts, statechart diagrams, sequence diagrams, and gantt diagrams using mermaid.

Features

Formula

Different from MarginNote’s official addon for Markdown, Mymarkdown has better support for inline formulas and display formulas. $your formula$ between a pair of single dollar signs will be displayed inline, whereas $$your formula$$ between a pair of double dollar signs will be displayed as display-style formula, meaning that it would take up a line of its own.

Flowcharts

Mymarkdown uses mermaid to render different types of charts. So, if you want to create a flow chart of your own, please learn how to use mermaid.

Table

This uses the same syntax as MarginNote’s official markdown addon.

Layout

Because of the limitations in the card editor’s size, Mymarkdown uses a single view instead of having an editing view and a preview view side by side. This layout will give you more space while writing your notes. To see the preview, you can simply click on the preview button.

Demo Video

Download Link

mymarkdown (1).mnaddon (3.5 MB)

Final Note

It is not easy to make such a addon for MarginNote. If you feel this plugin could help you, feel free to support it by hitting the like button or dropping a line below. Thanks for your love and support!

24 Likes

would it be possible to insert the source files to analyze?

Fantastic!
2 quick questions:

1. Is it possible to set the default font size in Markdown to be equal to font size in normal comments of a note?
  2. I tried to use ## to increase equation size but it does no display nicely. In particular, the bottom of integral sign is off-frame.

Good job !

Great pluggin! Is there a way to turn it into an official one with auto-updates?
Thanks!

1 Like

Very impressing plugin. Did not expect to find such functionality integrated so perfectly. I am using some other apps using markdown (Wekan, Redmine) esp. Mermaid graphs. With this plugin it is very easy to share content. Thank you!

damn love it. but notes of java code only show half part in the note section, anybody can fix it?

This is an amazing plug in - I wasn’t really using it properly before, but I’ve just come back to it.

Is there an easy way of just copying the markdown element of a note (at the moment I’m going into edit mode with this plug in, selecting what I’ve written, and copying. Is that the best way?)

I’ve noticed that mymarkdown notes on the iPad mini 5 are not displaying correctly (see screen shot) - it is too small to read. This is not the case on my 2018 iPad pro.

The notes that are readable are native Marginnote comments, not the mymarkdown notes.

@Support-Team Hi, has Suki left MN? Can anyone help answer my question above - when I use MyMarkdown on my ipad mini 5, the text is too small to read (see screen shot above). This is not the case on the ipad mini 6 or any other ipad. Can this be fixed, please?

Hello, is it possible to create a shortcut for the add-on so that it launches the editor when you’re focused on a card? Thank you.