Please let me rename my document when it's open

Hi there,

I use marginnote a lot for paper reading and what usually happened was that papers downloaded from their website were named as 00017 etc. If I could rename it when the document is open in the marginnote, that would be very helpful because I can literally see the title and copy paste and rename it.

Thanks
Rob

Hello, rocketGG,
Welcome to the MarginNote Forum. The error is most likely due to a coding problem.
I’m sorry that currently you cannot rename the document when it’s open, but you are expected to rename it in the document main interface.

Regards,
Bryan
MN Support Team

Thanks for reply.
This is basically what I am doing now. Thanks for the nice picture. If I have hundreds of academic papers named as 10003472e2774, it’s time-consuming to go back and forth to locate the paper and rename it by right click it.
What I can do in pdfExpert, most if not all of other Mac Apps is, click the title of the opened documents, I can rename, tag or label it right away and do not need to worry about it any more.
I would highly recommend the function of renaming or even more when the document is open.

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.
Rob

Hello, rocketGG,
The function you suggested indeed save users a lot of time. We will further investigate this demand, and maybe we will implement this function in the future.
Regards,
Bryan