40% Off Edu Code for MarginNote 3- Application Guide

Hello, already sent.

1 Like

I have applied for Educational discount at service@marginnote.com, but did not get any reply.

My Email ID is sarojkumar@sau.ac.in and my university is South Asian University, New Delhi, India.

Hello, it’s been sent to you.

Please confirm my email. I’ve sent to you.

Hello. I’ve sent a copy of my student ID through @edu.com address.
I am still waiting for your reply.
jcho3@gordonconwell.edu.

Hello, did you look in the recycle bin for any emails from MarginNote? We already sent you one three days ago, and now I’m sending you again.

I got it Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent an email on April 19, and then again June 12, from my University of Vienna email address (@unet.univie.ac.at), including my gmail address (same as with this profile) and a scan of my ID card, but have not heard back. Could you please follow-up here?

Hello? Is this thread still monitored? Still nothing in either of my email accounts. Thanks!

Dear Moderator,
I have already sent the request, can you confirm via my email? Thank you so much.

Dear Moderator,

I have already sent the request for student discount. (From @ses.gtu.edu) Can you confirm it? Thank you.

Hello? I’ve sent my info & student card to your mail box, but haven’t received any response yet.

Hi, I have sent my student card to you and there is no response

Hello, I have not had a response to my e-mail request for educational pricing I sent to you a few weeks back, though I have used the recommended title and format. Please sent me a response to Selina.palige@s2018.tu-chemnitz.de. Thank you.

Hello, I sent an email too.

saikumar-ramadugu@uiowa.edu
or
sai.k.ramadugu@gmail.com

Please send the code.

Thanks,
Sai

Did you get it? It was sent to you earlier (August 11).

Hi,

I have sent an email for the student discount from me@yasertanvir.com. Awaiting your kind response.

Thanks

Hi Team, Is there edu discount for iPad app? If yes I’ve messaged you privately about the same. Can you help me with it?

@Support-Team @Lanco_Support-Team @Relight_Support-Team any update on my above reply?