Set new nodes to framework

Hi

there is a way to have as main option Framework instead Tree for the newly created nodes?
(for now each time i have to edit and change the Branch Style for every node i create)

Best Regard
Jaspi

1 Like

Hello

The default branch style option is tree. And the child node is the same as the parent node, which means if the parent node is framework, the child node is framework, while if the parent node is tree, the child node is tree.

Therefore, you can

1. change the parent node to tree, then the newly created child nodes are tree.

2. after creating the nodes, select multiple nodes at once and change them to tree

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

Hi

β€”β€”- β€œthe default branch style option is tree” β€”-> this is my main problem
i wish to have an option to globaly set this to Framework

β€”β€”- β€œ And the child node is the same as the parent node, which means if the parent node is framework, the child node is framework, while if the parent node is tree, the child node is tree.”. β€”> this not seems to be true:
1) the new node does not have the option to change the Branch Style => you first must add at least one child to be able to change the parent node Branch Style to Framework
2) after you changed the Branch Style of the Parent the child (that one wich yuo must create to be able to change the parent Branch Style to Framework) remain β€œ tree like”: you must change the Branch Style of this child too
3) afterwords the only way (other than drag a floating node) to create childs of the Framework like Parent is with the β€œ + β€œ sign : the child is also become tree like and not Framework like !! ( their childs created as tree) => with every node every time you must change the Branch Style

β€”β€”- β€œ 2. after creating the nodes, select multiple nodes at once and change them to tree”
i want to change them to Framework not tree however i dont see how and where is this option???

the most elegant and seamless workflow is would be an option in the settings that globaly set as default the Branch Style you choose

Best Regard
Jaspi

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Now I totally understand and will raise it to our development team about the global setting.

The current solution is

1. get a frame node and click it to add new frame.
  2. add new nodes separately then rearrange them.

hi

thank you very mutch

Best Regard
Jaspi