A python script to fix the export cards to anki doesn't create multiple cards when there are multiple clozes

Here is a minimum example to reproduce:

Original:

In Anki:

  • expected: {{c1::hello}} my {{c2::world}}
  • got: {{c1::hello}} my {{c1::world}}

I have tried all three options but all are the same:

anki version:

os: mac
Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3

Output by anki when importing:

Notes found in file: 1
Notes updated, as file had newer version: 1

[Updated] <div class="mbooks-highlightblock"><div class="mbooks-noteblock"  ></div></div>, <strong>{{c1::hello}}</strong> my <strong>{{c1::world}}</strong><br/>, , <div class="mbooks-highlightblock"><div class="mbooks-noteblock"  >#test<br/></div></div>, <strong>{{c1::hello}}</strong> my <strong>{{c1::world}}</strong><br/>, , , <div><a href = "marginnote3app://note/B0696A3F-73BC-46D7-B12C-FB65031B21E6" style = "font-size:70%;margin-left: 10px;margin-right: 10px;">hello my world</a></div>, 

First of all, the Anki 2.0 is better compatible with MN than 2.1 about Video cards.

The emphasized words could be cloze (or not ) in Anki just as one except to one card correspondence at present. This means Anki not support it.

According to my test, although I edit export from MN as what you said. It also dosen’t work for anki.

It is said multi-cloze works well when Anki still in 1.x. If you found the way make Anki support this. Please notify this thread and I will do further test.

I don’t think any serious anki user would stay in 1.x or 2.0.

FWIW, I’ve spent several hours to create a python script to fix the various problems of the apkg generated by MN3.

1 Like

Amazing! That’s very interesting and useful. Thanks for your contribution!