A python script to fix the export cards to anki doesn't create multiple cards when there are multiple clozes

Here is a minimum example to reproduce:

Original:

In Anki:

• expected: {{c1::hello}} my {{c2::world}}
  • got: {{c1::hello}} my {{c1::world}}

I have tried all three options but all are the same:

anki version:

Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3

Output by anki when importing:

Notes found in file: 1
Notes updated, as file had newer version: 1

[Updated] <div class="mbooks-highlightblock"><div class="mbooks-noteblock"  ></div></div>, <strong>{{c1::hello}}</strong> my <strong>{{c1::world}}</strong><br/>, , <div class="mbooks-highlightblock"><div class="mbooks-noteblock"  >#test<br/></div></div>, <strong>{{c1::hello}}</strong> my <strong>{{c1::world}}</strong><br/>, , , <div><a href = "marginnote3app://note/B0696A3F-73BC-46D7-B12C-FB65031B21E6" style = "font-size:70%;margin-left: 10px;margin-right: 10px;">hello my world</a></div>, 

First of all, the Anki 2.0 is better compatible with MN than 2.1 about Video cards.

The emphasized words could be cloze (or not ) in Anki just as one except to one card correspondence at present. This means Anki not support it.

According to my test, although I edit export from MN as what you said. It also dosen’t work for anki.

It is said multi-cloze works well when Anki still in 1.x. If you found the way make Anki support this. Please notify this thread and I will do further test.

I don’t think any serious anki user would stay in 1.x or 2.0.

FWIW, I’ve spent several hours to create a python script to fix the various problems of the apkg generated by MN3.

1 Like

Amazing! That’s very interesting and useful. Thanks for your contribution!

Cool I wonder if it could be possible to use a tag to enable and disable this feature per card?

Please do this natively.

Any addon for do this?

Hello, no such addon yet

Is this feature in the works? I generally create questions with multiple clozes, and so currently I’m manually creating duplicate cards so that each card only has one cloze before exporting to Anki. Really hoping that you guys are working on this, because it would improve my workflow immensely. Thank you.

yes, basic cloze function. please do that