Ability to add excerpts from research browser to mind map directly without downloading the PDF

Currently we have to download PDF from the internet before adding them into mind map in the research mode.
Because of this, amount of documents in the study notebooks increase greatly.

So could you please add a feature to directly insert excerpts
*with colors and
*without font formatting
in research mode.

(When doing drag and drop or copy and paste from the research browser, the text insert with their font formatting -
eg: with links, bold, italic, underline, font size etc.
Because it doesn’t work for me. Please also fix this copying text with their formatting to mind map.)

2 Likes

Hello

Hi there! If you are using a Mac, you can try some free test-formatting-removal tools to help with your copy and paste. I use GetPlainText, it's free and awesome. I have also raised your request to our Development team, but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

I am using Marginnote on my iPad and therefore the tool you mentioned is not available.
Because of this copying with formatting, the IPad users using the research browser only for see information, not to grab excerpts into mindmap.

Can’t you develop an extension for the IPad version or as a default to copy text without their formatting.

It would be even better, if you can develop a the Marginnote to insert excerpts from the research browser to mindmap using the following tools. (without downloading PDF)

Hello

I am sorry that it fails to work for you. Your request has been noted, and we are working on improving some of the experiences of using MarginNote. I am sincerely sorry that we cannot assure you of a time frame when it will be implemented. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you a lot for your patience.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

1 Like