Adding a toggle "Show first page alone" when "Two page mode (PDF)" is enabled

Sometimes when viewing a PDF in Two page mode, it is helpful to show the first page (cover page) all alone instead of putting it next to the second page.
Having the ability to show the first page alone is crucial when there are images or diagrams in the book that cover two pages.

Let’s say I have a PDF in this order:
[Cover page, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, …]

Pages 2 and 3 should be shown together and Pages 4 and 5 should be shown together.
Currently this is not possible unless I add a blank page between the Cover page and Page 2.

The “Show first page alone” toggle should only be shown if the “Two page mode (PDF)” is enabled.

Thank you in advance for considering this feature!

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already raised your request to our Development team. As mentioned earlier, all user requests will be considered and implemented but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

It will be very helpful to have this feature to read ebook. Lots of ebooks have connected pages look best for two pages viewed together. I’m removing the second blank page manually now, very inconvenient.

1 Like

Hello

Can you please describe a little more in detail about your request? It would be great if you could include images. :-)

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

As you can see, after the first cover page, there is a blank page, page 4 and page 5 should be shown together. Pdf expert has this option to show first page by itself as the cover. Then the rest pages will be paired correctly, just like the real book.

1 Like

Here is the option from pdf expert

2 Likes

Hello

OK ~ we will try to optimize this feature.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

When does it apply? It’s a must-have function

This request is important for PDF files with a cover page, for which Marginnote3 can display correctly as same as Adobe Reader or PDF Expert (via optional toggle) during two page mode:

• cover page (page 1)
  • page 2 & 3
  • Page 4 & 5
  • Page 2n & 2n+1

Pls help share the statues of this request, thanks