Currently, MarginNote allows you to get a link (e.g. x-callback-url) to a card in the reading mode.
My request to the ability to generate a link (e.g. x-callback-url) to other objects in MarginNote, specifically to a specific MindMap and any card/node that is within the MindMap.
Currently for MindMaps, I believe that only can only generate a link to the StudySet. Getting links to children objects (e.g.specific mindmaps and cards/nodes within the mindmap) would allow one to store the reference to these objects outside of MindMap and instantly reference the specific item by accessing the link (x-callback-url).
For instance, I create notes (as markdown) in DEVONthink. If I wanted to access a specific MindMap from DEVONthink, I would just use the MindMap x-callback-url and it would open the MindMap seamlessly.
@mono Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the API for the referenced plug-in and the API allows for @id:noteId. Is there an obvious/easy/intuitive way to get the id for a specific MindMap layer and nodes within a MindMap?
You can navigate to the desired mind map or node and use MarginNote’s “Copy UI State URL” shortcut to generate a link to the current view. Try saving and opening that link in DEVONthink to see whether it provides the navigation behavior you need.
Thank you. This should serve the necessary purpose.
To close the loop, here is information related to the information above. See the section titled “Interface URL Generation & Retrieval”
Use the shortcut Cmd+Option+0 (that’s a zero, not the letter “O”) to copy the current UI state URL to the clipboard. It will generate a link similar to: