All files duplicated in iCloud - is there any way to have just one copy of each file?

I sync my library over iCloud in order to use the Mac, iPad, and iPhone versions side-by-side. Recently, I noticed that my Mac has two copies of each PDF:

• One in the MarginNote 3 folder in iCloud; and
  • One in a hidden folder: Library > Containers > QReader.MarginStudyMac > Data > Documents

As I have accumulated quite a lot of research material, my database adds up to about 12GB, so having a duplicate of each file amounts to 24GB. Would it be possible to have a single, central folder for all MarginNote 3 documents (ideally the iCloud folder for ease of access)?

4 Likes

@Edward_Support-Team @Sushi_Support-Team Is a centralized folder going to be in a future release? I have over 100GB of content in my MarginNote library, so doubling it to 200GB takes up lots of unnecessary storage.

Hello

There will be, but it won't happen anytime soon. We are redesigning the storage method and testing it.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

How close is this to being fixed?

It is ridiculous to have two copies on one machine. I’ve only been using MarginNote for one month and am already at 40GB.

One year on… how is the redesign going?