Apple pencil to draw on mindmap area?

Hi there,

I was wondering if we can use the apple pencil to draw on the mindmap area? For example, to draw links between the nodes?

Also, I notice when I link two nodes together, the title from the opposing node is added to that node. Is there a way to only have the arrows but not the addition of the title?

I hope I’m making sense.

The way I understood it, you‘re looking to draw a line between two notes to connect them, right?

I‘m not sure how this would work for links that are not close by- do you have a suggestion for this?

How would I tell the program that I don‘t want to merge the note/ make it a child as happens right now but want to link them?

Hi there,

Yes, I’m trying to use my Apple Pencil to draw on the mind map area. How did you manage to draw in that area?

As for your question, I’m not sure how far you are talking about. I will click on a node>choose link> drag the link icon to the node I want connected.

I did the drawing on a screenshot, so not in MN3.

What I mean by the problems with linking:
(1) When you have a big document and want to link two notes in the Mindmap you‘ll need to scroll quite a bit across the map to connect them. I‘m not sure how to do that with „drawing“ on the map.
(2) Right now I can drag and drop a note with the Pencil already- it does the much more common creating a child note/ merging though. Would you want to scrap that behavior or press another button for choosing to link instead?

Drawing in the mind map area isn’t feasible because the nodes and positions and content are all dynamic. That’s why you only really see drawing available on PDFs because the canvas and everything is static.