Better Dropbox Integration Essential and Simple

I am a little surprised that there isn’t better support for Dropbox, is this because it is blocked in China? Some levels of integration from simplest to more difficult. I’m surprised that the Essential level is missing while level 2 has been available to other apps for several years now.

Essential Use the default dropbox API to grant access to one folder (for privacy!) and have this synced folder show up as a folder in the MN browser with its contents, subfolders, etc. The user could then organize their folder as they wish on dropbox and access it in different devices to add/manage documents.
This would make library management so much easier and bring MN into a much larger app ecosystem with organic modes of integration.

Level 2 Bring basic two-way synchronization already present for years in other pdf reading apps (like Documents) where basic markup like highlights and annotations are saved to the the original pdf and are accessible across devices outside of MN.

Level 3 Bring study export options to the already integrated dropbox folder.

4 Likes

This is exactly what I need!

I have a library of documents and research already organized on dropbox. I don’t want to Import them into margin note and create duplicate files. I need to way to work with files that are stored in dropbox without DUPLICATING them in margin note

1 Like

Given that many schools and organizations use dropbox for document management (outside China where it’s blocked), this should be considered essential, especially as other apps have supported it for years. I was surprised that it didn’t after I paid for the app.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already raised your request to our Development team. As mentioned earlier, all user requests will be considered and implemented but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

1 Like

You can add that PDF Expert and Documents apps, both by Readdle, offer a good example of how to do this. They can download a dropbox folder for offline viewing and offer two-way sync in the free version of the apps.