[Bug] Excerpts of lists lose formatting

When taking an excerpt of a list (for example bullet points or numbers) in a pdf the excerpt loses formatting. Specifically the line breaks between the list items are missing. This causes the list to be difficult to read in the excerpt as each list item is not longer separated.

ex: If I have a document with the following content

1. List item
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3

then an excerpt of this content in the mindmap will look like this and be difficult to read

1. List item2. List item 23. List item 3

Hello

Text excerpt tool is not yet able to achieve this function, you can use the Rect excerpt

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Yes, but that takes more memory, prevents editing, and makes text non-searchable. It would be better for the newline characters to be preserved! :wink:

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for writing in. I have raised your request to our Development team but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hi, it has been a couple years and this is still an issue. Any time I make an excerpt that contains a list all formatting is lost.

Since I use MarginNote with a lot of programming books I have a lot of lists Iā€™d like to excerpt so this problem becomes pretty annoying!

Is this planned to be improved at some point?