Bug Report for iPad update 3.7.1

With the latest update I realize now that my PDF notes are missing on the side bar in some instances on iPad OS. Running MarginNote 3 version 3.7.1 on iPad Air 4th Generation.

My notes only appear when I tap on “Note List”

Oddly, this only affects PDFs.
My ePub files display correctly as normal.

CONFIRMED on colleague’s device. The problem did not exist, but immediately appeared once the app was updated to 3.7.1

Hello

Can you please check:

A. your software is the latest

B. restart your system

to see if this problem still exists. Oddly enough, this feature is working on my iPad and Mac, so emmmmmmmm. If this problem still exists, I may need to have the device information, the system version, and the App version. Thanks!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

• iOS 14.3 & as of today 14.4

• iPad Air 4th Generation & iPad Pro 12.9” Second Generation

• MarginNote Version 3.7.1

1 Like

Hello

Sorry but one last thing, could you please give me a screen recording showing the process and how you were able to replicate this issue? I am also wondering if I could get a copy of the notebook that is suffering from this problem. Thanks!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

I uploaded three videos to Youtube.

The first video is showing how the notes appear using 3 of my own separate PDF files.

The second video is of the file you sent me. As you can see, it appears to have the same issues.

The third video is opening an ePUB file for comparison - you can see that ePUBS look fine.

I notice that when I open a PDF some notes appear on the first page. Sometimes ALL the notes from throughout the book appear crammed on the first page. Also, it doesn’t seem to affect footnotes that are embedded in the file. You will see that in these videos. In the second video (using the file you shared) one of my notes (the last one I added) does appear sporadically but it appears on the previous page, not on its proper page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello

Hi! Video received. I have reported this to the development team, and they will have a look.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team