Bug: Tags from original topic are not deleted from the referenced topic, even after removing them

Hi,

I am encountering a bug, which I would kindly ask you to take a closer look at. It is a real obstacle for my usage of MarginNote.

I will walk you throw the steps to reproduce the bug with some screenshots.

Step 1) Create a topic with some tags, copy it as a reference and paste it.

Step2) Filter for one of the tags via the outline

You will see that the original topic and the referenced topic are shown in the outline after filtering, which is correct behavior.

Step 3) Remove all tags from the referenced topic

When the tags are removed from the referenced topic, they are also removed from the original topic, which is correct behavior.

Step 4) Filter the outline for one of the tags

BUG: Even though there are no more tags, when filtering the outline for one of the tags that were previously on the topics, MarginNote thinks that the reference topic still has this tag. Although the tags are not displayed on any of the topics, somehow they remain present on the referenced topic (but not the original one), when filtering the outline.

This is a big problem, because I can no longer filter maps reliably based on tags, as soon as there are referenced topics.

I would truly appreciate it, if you could make it a priority to fix this bug in one of the upcoming maintenance releases.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. I heavily rely on MarginNote for my personal knowledge management and have no plans to change that.

2 Likes

Hello

Hello, can you record a screen demonstration? I tested according to your steps and failed to reproduce successfully

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me.

Here is the requested screen demo:

1 Like

Were you able to reproduce the bug @Support-Team ?

Please let me know in case you need more information from my side.

Hello

It has been successfully reproduced and submitted to the record, thank you for your feedback

Kind Regards,

Support Team

2 Likes

This issue has not been fixed yet; it is a big impediment to my workflow. I would highly appreciate it if you could include a fix in one of the next releases.

1 Like