Chapter Headings?

When I am reading an ebook in Marginnote, can we add a chapter header?

I propose is a fixed chapter header.

Here is a visual example, on the left is the current layout and the proposed revision on the right:

I ran across this problem as I was trying to fix another issue in Marginnote (notes in Mindmap and Outline are not auto-arranging to chapters).

Seeing as I have to manually drag each note to its correct place, it is hard to know where to place it within the outline.

It shouldn’t be too hard for your program to recognize chapter titles. It already does a good job of recognizing where we are within the chapter. Perhaps we could move that information somewhere more visible?

Thank you.

Hello

Seeing as I have to manually drag each note to its correct place, it is hard to know where to place it within the outline.

Is this your motivation behind your needs about chapter header ?

In my view, auto insertion position can settle this problem, and just choose grouped by Table of contents. Besides, would you please explain your habits or tactics on managing excerpt cards so that we can analyze this trouble ?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Leah
Support Team

Hello,
Thank you for the response. Yes, that was part of it and your advice cleared up that bit about organizing. It doesn’t work retroactively, but there is a work around in the mindmap where you can drag the floating notes to the “by table of contents” pop-up. For some reason it doesn’t work flawlessly as doing so caused one of my chapters to make its contents vanish and take the new ones as a tree (when I have the whole thing set to framework). Anyway, it’s all complicated but I managed to make it work. Thank you.

That being said, it is not the main reason to desire a chapter header. I am sure that if you asked every user they would all agree that having the option to view a chapter header as in every other book reader would be ideal. It’s a simple yet elegant and practical upgrade to the program.

Through this button, you can see the chapter header.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I know about this button. The request is to display it on every page. All other document apps, word-processors, and e-book readers display headers on the page. Or at least have the option. The metadata is in the file, so it would benefit all users to have it on the page as well. If you are reading a book or long document, seeing the book title, chapter title, page count always on display is very important. Perhaps book title and author on bottom margin and chapter title and pages on top?

Also, why does the program not recognize/display/sort by metadata such as author?

Hello

Frankly, It's the first time I heard of needs of showing chapter head and sorting by metadata such as author. Would you please explain why these features are so important for you ? It will be so much better if you illustrate it with your workflow in real-world situations.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Leah
Support Team