Customize links a bit more

Hi,

Would it be possible to customize links a little bit more?
I’d like to see links displayed in my notes differently depending on what they mean to me.

On this example below, I’d like to see on the top-note the link to A-note diplayed with couloured background and the link to B-note displayed with an other background color. Or arrow icon could be coloured. Or any other customization so that the two links display differently.
(I know that I can colour the A-note and B-note in any color but it does not change the link display in top-note, it only affects the path color).

best regards!

2 Likes

The links are my most used least favourite feature. I totally want to work with them as objects, change their weight, colour, etc. As they are now it is hard to work with them. I’m glad that they show titles at least in the source and destination excerpts but that is only a half measure.

1 Like

Yes sure. Many things could be done in that direction.
However, I think links with lots of notes always turn into a messy structure. That the reason why the minimap that pops-up is a so good idea.
Hence I would not spend to much time in customize link lines but focus on display inside notes.

Hello

Thank you so much for your advice!

I have forward this to our developer team, but we might not have a very high priority for this function, so it might take some time before it could happen.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

Hello

I’ve been waiting for this feature for a while is there any updates

I’ve become interested in advanced learning techniques and and studying especially how especially relation prioritization is a key component to effective learning organization (for example a thick link link for the most important connection and a red line for a connection with a downfall. This can’t be replaced but just drawing out the line is a sketch because scketcg lines don’t allow us to do what likes and child relations can like creating flash cards and locating information

As such I strongly believe this feature of customizing links will benefit the learners a lot. It is a feature that transfer.link has and it feels to me they are trying to replace marginnote. Please do consider this feature as a lot of mindmap have this and it’s what makes marginnote hard to use as it’s not that visually pleasing due to lack of coloration and link hierarchy.

2 Likes