Doc notebooks in cloud sync after doc deletion

Ok, so if I look in cloud sync I can see three types of item: document, doc notebook and mind map notebook. It seems that a doc notebook is what holds the annotations that are created on the document (eg in document mode) and if the user then goes to study mode then a mindmap notebook is created and the doc notebook ceases to exist.

If the original document is deleted by the user, the document continues to exist in cloud sync (and I think if you then add the same document again to MarginNote it picks up the annotations from here).

Ok. So this means that if I add a whole bunch of pdfs to MarginNote, start with a few preliminary notes / annotations, then decide the paper isn’t relevant to me so delete it, and repeat for several papers (very common on my course), I’ll end up with a huge list over time of things sitting in the doc notebooks part of the cloud sync. Or if I delete all my papers at the end of an academic module, ditto. You can delete them but only one at a time.
Does this matter? Does it take up app space, or is it marginal? Are there any tips I should be following?

Hello, JKF,

Thanks for your information. MarginNote3 sync doc notebooks via Cloud Kit which is different from iCloud Drive. So users can only delete doc notebook in Cloud Sync>>> doc notebook only one at a time (I’m really sorry it don’t support batch processing.)

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, but is it recommended to delete them? Does it slow down sync or take up much space?

Hello, JKF,

If you think that you won’t use these doc notebooks later on, I recommend you to delete them. But these files won’t take up too much space and slow down sync.

Sincerely,
Bryan