Don't make MN your main note taking app

I have been having syncing issues on the iPad, as it is taking hours to sync even minor changes if it happens at all. I was surprised to find that people have been reporting about the syncing issues for years now, and devs keep making empty promises & ‘we are working on it’.

I would advise people to not buy this app, and if you have bought it, don’t make it your main note-taking app. The sync might work in the beginning but is broken when the data becomes bigger & more complex. Avoid it at all costs, as I’m not able to move my work from MN to Liquid Text now (I have to start again).

1 Like

Hello

You know we will support WebDAV in the future, which will greatly improve the synchronization function.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

And when exactly will that be? 1 month from now, 6 months? A year? Am I to stop my study and wait for you guys to fix a basic syncing issue for years now?

Hello

I’m really sorry because our manpower is limited.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Unfortunately, today I am experiencing again synching issues between iPad and MacBook.

I am a very heavy user (~30,000 notes as of now), and I can’t think of any other essential features that I miss but synching.

While synching is not fixed, the majority of your user base will always have a source of frustration. Please, try to focus on that as much as possible. It has been a couple of years now.

1 Like

If you don’t have manpower, why don’t you change the app from single purchase to subscription mode. I stopped asking for new features or about problems as you guys are not very cooperative.

1 Like

Hello

I’m so sorry there is not enough developer for us to solve this problem but we will try our best to fix it

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Meaning the issues are not getting resolved at all in the future. You guys are simply lying to your users for years now about fixing the sync issue.

1 Like

MN3 is still a great app (if it works & most of the time it does for me). But I really understand the concern. The either vague responses or no responses at all from the devs + every now and then a remark that they are working on something substantial without any visible follows on that … No roadmaps, dates or frequent substantial updates makes me wonder too if I can still trust that there is a future for MarginNote. I prefer MN3 to Liquidtext but my trust in MN3 has become quite finite recently.

The current devs are really sinking this important and wonderful ship and I do not know for what reason:
a. Because nothing is happening
b. Because they are overwhelmed
c. Because they cannot communicate
It is riddle I am getting less and less interested in solving or even following …

4 Likes

The official replies from the so-called “Support Team”, an ironic name if there ever was one, says it all:

“We have no resources”. “We cannot do anything”.

It’s been pretty obvious for a few years that MN had no future, at least not outside of China. I use this app every day, because there really is no equivalent as feature rich as MN. But every day it seems like we’re very close to the inevitable end of life.

2 Likes

Hello

We may bring a big version update in the summer.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

1 Like

Please add a year or at least decade …

1 Like

Hello

It won’t be that slow.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

This is precisely my concern. I bought an overpriced $1000+ iPad JUST to use Marginnote.
(This is a massive compliment for MN team)

However, I really want to use Marginnote more extensively by integrating with my PC, add youtube videos, etc. (I would consider buying a Mac if that guarantees the best Marginnote experience)

This is by far the greatest app I’ve ever seen in my 30+ year life but it’s sad that their excuse is “lacking manpower”.

As many people suggest, I would pay for the subscription if that guarantees fast development and rich features in the coming years.

Anyway, wish for the best MN team.

4 Likes

thats the only reason keeps me staying apple too @koreader

1 Like

A premium version of the app with some added benefits may be an option.
There seems to be a substantial number of users who value MarginNote high enough to pay for a subscription if this enables faster future development.

3 Likes