Double-click on word to select instead opens new 'card/excerpt/node/etc' window even if auto add turned off

Edit: This appears to have different behaviour in different documents. I’m investigating further…

Steps to reproduce and required behaviour described:

1. Any PDF with text, Auto Add to Mind Map turned OFF
  2. Double click on a word that is contained in a highlighted string in the PDF

Result: an ADD Excerpt/Card/Node window opens
Expect: Like any mac app I expect double-click to select the word if Auto Add to Mind Map is turned OFF.
If Auto Add to Mind Map is turned ON then yes, add it, otherwise…just select the word.

Justification: I want to research a word, so all I want to do is select it to get the research option.

Edit: note, I can just select the word by clicking and dragging to get the behaviour I want however as the Mac’s UI guidelines (however they are sadly vague in this day and age) state, double-clicking on a word is the same as clicking and dragging through a single word.

Hello

Thanks for your detailed report!

I am sorry that I wasn't able to replicate what you've said here. On my mac, double-clicking would only select the word. Can you please send a screen recording to me for me to better locate the problem.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

My apologies, I left out an important step. I was double-clicking in an already highlighted piece of text.

I’ve corrected my original post to reflect that and will upload a video when I get a chance later today.

Hello

Oh, sorry that is a design choice for users to quickly open their notes. For now, the only option for you might be to drag across the line. Sorry ~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team