Editing text box/card truncates to 251 characters?

Mac OS

1. Click in empty space to add a text box/card using the “+” button

2. Type text, more than 251 characters

3. Click outside the text box

Result: Text is truncated to 251 characters
Expect: to be able to put as much text as I want into a text box
Unknown: is this by design?
Suggestion: Show that text will be truncated some way by not allowing me to enter more than the number of characters allowed, but I’d prefer unlimited be allowed.

I seem to recall seeing another user posting about this but could not find the thread.

2 Likes

We can’t also change the font size, color, emphasize etc of above(white) nodes.
These nodes at least should follow the default font settings.

Hello

1. There is a limit, because this part should be simple and abstract, as it is the title section of the card. -> A card is divided into three sections: title, excerpt, and comment. To add more words, go to the comment section to take down your notes. You can do so by releasing the focus on the title (tapping some where else will do), and tap on the commend icon at the bottom of the card.

2. We cannot emphasize the "White Note", as it is plain text. The font thing has been noted. You can change the font for all titles in MarginNote's settings. (The one in the main interface. To access it, click on the three dots at the bottom left corner on the main interface, and select settings).

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

Can you imagine typing a note that is 500 characters only to lose 249 of them? I suggest just stopping the input at 251 so the user is alerted that this is the maximum number of characters allowed.

1 Like

Hello

Oh, I am sorry about this. I agree that it is a good idea to have an alert. :-)

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team