Excerpting two lines at once

Hello there!

For some reason, for a particular doc, Marginnote excerpts a part of the line above (it looks like the “highlighter” is much wider than the actual line height). Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you!

This happens with some ePubs. I’ve sent @Sushi_Support-Team a copy of one of my ePubs that does this all the time. Converting them to PDF using Calibre seems to solve the issue. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this with ePubs soon.

If this is a PDF doing this then forgive me, it would be a new bug. My guess is it might be a scanned document with wonky OCR overlaying? (amateur with OCR guess though)

1 Like

That is interesting to hear-- thank you for sharing your experience with EPUBs and your thoughts about PDFs.

This doc is actually a PDF, and I got it through my university’s “Scan & Deliver” service. You’d hope that a research library would at the very least nail OCR, but alas, I am afraid that you are right about the wonky OCR overlaying!!! I am going to see if I can re-OCR this document myself some how.