External monitor

It would be great use MN with two monitors, one with the the PDF and another with the mindmap

4 Likes

I second this

Yes. This would be a great feature

Thank you for writing in. I have raised your request to our Development team but we cannot assure a time frame when it will be put into effect. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any assistance and we will be happy to provide further help.

Hello.
I use a 3 external monitor setup. Just for academic use, not a gamer. Nevertheless, I know I am a little bit extreme, but dual external monitors are getting common, and I think to use one external is nearly standard. It helps a lot for programs like MarginNote, where you have different kind of content.

By the way, I post in that image some problems I have with the excerpts window: it does not link to document, and closing it (which happens every time I select a node) means resetting its arrangement, forcing to re-zoom. And I see that after making a summary node, seems I can’t make another one in the same row… But well, sorry, that are other problems.

Hello, will this button solve the problem? I don’t have an extra monitor to reproduce what you describe, so I’m worried that I don’t understand exactly what happend.

Regards.

1 Like

I do not want to sound exaggerated, but I love you and all your descendants … all gods bless you for that answer. Have a good life

Not really, Edward. The effect I have with that bottom is a quite aleatory displacement.
Thank you for your answer and sorry I come so late back to it. In the excerpts window, a click on a node does not lead to the original text, as I expected. And when I click one, the excerpts windows closes, so I have to reset all the arrangement. It would be great to have something like a memory of how the windows are set up. But well, this could maybe be solved when we can use other monitors.