Feature Request - Additional Emphasise Mode Should Feature In Note Card's

It would be useful to have another emphasis mode button in the note card area, for text and titles, making editing a lot quicker.
Also I can apply emphasis mode to text and titles independent off the PDF this would apply to other text added to the the mind map.

1 Like

I agree this is an important feature. Actually, I’m routinely surprised that it’s missing from MarginNote. As it stands now, there is no way to italicize quoted text in notecards. This is important for capturing emphasis in the original text being quoted, such as for special terms in foreign languages (e.g., mono no aware) or titles of books and other sources.

Please add a way to italicize body text in notecards.

1 Like

I quite agree - I would love to see this implemented. It’s quite useful to highlight an entire paragraph, then draw attention to specific key words or phrases.

1 Like

Hi @Lanco_Support-Team,

I am using MarginNote right now and there are many notes containing italicized text which I cannot reproduce in notecards. Current choice of emphasis is bold only, which in fact is rarely used and actively discouraged in academic publishing.

What do you think about adding this feature that @Rebs suggested? I.e., Emphasis > Italic

1 Like

Hi @mobo ,
The Emphasis is designed for using “recall mode” and the Cloze Anki card. Could you please make it clear that how the Emphasis mode working with academic publishing and how the MN working with academic publishing. It’s amazing for what we think the serious public is based on latex or sth.
Or just mean that Italic is a domain custom.

Regards,
Lanco
Support Team

Hi @Lanco_Support-Team,

Thanks for your message. What I mean is that the general rule in professional and academic publishing is that only italics are used for emphasis, not bold. So, in the PDFs that most academics/researchers/journalists/etc are studying with MarginNote, titles, foreign words, passages with words emphasized, etc. — they will almost always use italics, not bold. There is only one level of emphasis: italics.

If we want to make notecards and reproduce the emphasis in the original text (e.g., titles), we need an option for italics. Right now, there is no way to add italics to a notecard in MarginNote, only bold.

The request, then, would be to add two options to the notecard popup menu: Emphasis > Italic and Emphasis > Bold.