Feature Request: Dropbox Sync

The current iCloud based syncing is just frustrating. Is there any plan for supporting other syncing mechanisms like Dropbox?

6 Likes

I vote for this. My company blocks iCloud and I really want to use other alternatives (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc…)
there are multiple threads about this topic… but not a concreate action/answer has been taken so far…

1 Like

I was not known to this and I got to know from here and the Dropbox sync issue is also happening with me as well. The problem has to be fixed and there are lots of users who are also facing the same.

Epson error code e-01

Dropbox/Drive Etc Synch is really a must. it defines whether you buy or not the app.

Please, implement it.

I sorely need a Dropbox option in MarginNote too. I find iCloud sync much less reliable.

Maybe MarginNote can implement something similar to DEVONthink? DT locally stores your files in their original format, and offers a handful of syncing options to sync their database files which, to my understanding, is basically metadata about your files. Syncing DT with Dropbox is rock solid; iCloud, not so much.

I think MarginNote will probably no longer suffer from unreliable syncing when databases are synced via Dropbox.

Hello, we are working on a third party cloud sync support service that is expected to be released after version 3.7.

Hi guys,
Any forecasts when to expect it?
Thanks!