Feature request: Undo while editing excerpt comments

Hi, MarginNote 3 is awesome. One thing I find missing is the ability to undo pencil strokes while editing a handwritten excerpt comment. If I’m annotating a PDF with the pencil, I can undo the recent pencil strokes with the main undo button. But this does not work while editing an excerpt comment. There, I have to use the eraser tool or the selection tool and delete my recent handwriting if I make a mistake. Not a big deal, but undo would be much more convenient. Thanks and keep up the great work! – Adam

1 Like

Hi lyon,

Glad to see you! And thanks for very thoughtful suggests. You could try to use
CMD + Z for undo,CMD+SHIFT+Z for redo and see if works. These two shortcuts is Apple universal.

Kind regards,
Lanco
Support Team

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I typically don’t have my keyboard attached to the iPad (sorry if I wasn’t clear that this problem is on the iPad) when I’m using the pencil. Is there a way to access those commands without the keyboard?

I’m using the iPadOS 13 public beta and there are new undo/redo gestures (swipe left with three fingers or double tap with three fingers for undo, swipe right with three fingers for redo). Those do not work at all in MarginNote 3 with handwriting with the pencil … not for annotation and not for excerpt comments.

I have to test. Later notify this thread.

1 Like

Great! Thanks. I’m happy to help test if you’d like.

I’m on iPad OS 13 Public Beta 5 (Developers Beta 6) as well if it is of any help.

onoqv-cippo
Latest MN version on IpadOS devloper beta.
Works well…

Terrific! Thanks so much. I look forward to the public release. – Adam

1 Like

It’s released and it works! Thanks very much for adding this very convenient feature so quickly!! - Adam

1 Like

Anyone know how to delete the first or top most comment in the card

Hello, you can go to the card edit interface, and then click Edit Comment to delete the comment. However, it should be noted that the text excerpted from the document belongs to the excerpt field rather than the comment field, which can only be deleted manually, can not use the function to delete comments.