Fixing annotations in Study mode

Like other users, I’ve have repeatedly asked MN to fix the way it generates annotated notes in Study mode. Here’s what happens…

Whenever users annotate in Study mode, MN creates the title of the file as a completely unnecessary top-level title note. If you look at the annotated notes being created in Outline mode, you can see the havoc it creates. Namely, the top-level title note becomes a parent note to all of the annotated notes underneath it — and generally creates a messy note heirarchy that’s undesirably and problem. This problem with parent notes and the children notes created underneath them seems to reoccur through the annotation process.

It also seems that the MN creates annotated notes in a disordered way, going between creation date and page number. Combined, the existing way MN annotates notes in Study mode forces users to constantly delete the top-level title notes, remove any parent notes and indentations, and re-order the notes so that they always appear by page order.

All we want is for MarginNote to create annotated notes so that they:

-Eliminate the completely unnecessary top-level title note, which becomes an annoying parent to the notes;

-Eliminate / prevent other parent notes (unless users create them), so that all notes are unindented (i.e., they just line up in parallel);

-Create annotated notes by page order, as a default setting (unless users create them);

That’s it. Otherwise, it forces users to constantly fix annotated notes that MN generates.

Hello

Thanks for the feedback. This issue has been discussed within our team. It is related to the MN3 mechanism. But the mechanism has been modified in MNE.
MNE will automatically create only one card with the title of the brain map notebook,instead of creating a transparent card for each document like MN3.
Therefore, we will re-evaluate the impact of this issue on all users. Since some users have a habit of using “Auto Grouping”, we need to comprehensively consider the migration of this group of users even if we want to change it.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

1 Like

Great.

When do you expect we’ll see these changes ??

Thanks.

Hello

The exact time is not yet determined. But if there is progress, you can see it on MNExpolar.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’ll look into it.

But what about this issue, which is far more urgent for MarginNote users – and so far @Support-Team (nor anyone else from @marginnote3 , @marginnote) has responded to…

Hello

From an R&D perspective, this post talks about multiple issues.
I’ve combed through the progress of related projects. And you may be interested.
Due to the large amount of information involved in the internal test, I posted it on discord.

Kind Regards,

Support Team