Get help upgrading your Margin Note 4

Get help upgrading your Marginnote 4
I can’t upgrade from Margin Note3 to Margin Note4.
I am a user who recently purchased and was using Margin Note3. The product I purchased from your app is Full version Unlocked. (19000 KRW)

Then I found out about the release of the Margin Note4 and was going to buy one.
I have confirmed that those who purchased the Margin Note 3 will be able to use the features assigned to the PRO version of the Margin Note 4

So I proceeded with the upgrade, but it didn’t work.
To give you an idea of the process I went through and why it failed, it went something like this
I ran the MarginNote 3 Discount Upgrade to PRO part of the Purchase Options and the final message that popped up was Upgrade failed, please Try again later

I want to upgrade, and I’d like to know if my method is wrong, or if there’s something else I need to do. In conclusion, please provide a way to upgrade.
If there is any additional information I should pass on to you to resolve this issue, please ask.

Settings I made

1. set up how you want to upload to the cloud

disable
  2. Statement using 14days remaining in your trial
  3. marginnote3 is the latest version

Hello

just please try it again later

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello

this might be the Apple bug so try it again later

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I cannot even get to that step, as I do not find to change the language setting to English. EVERYTHING IS IN CHINESE. Please think of your customers abroad and change your app, so that the language settings are easy to find and easy to change !!!

Thanks

Hello

Hello, thank you for your letter.

What device are you using, Mac or IOS, if on a Mac, please go to system settings, find the language and region, and set the language of Marginnote to English. If you are using an IOS device, please go into your system settings, find "General", then check "Language & Region" and make sure your device's language is English.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thank you very much for your help. It was the region and language settings. Although I had it set to German as the standard, on my computer I also had the Chinese installed. I had to delete the Chinese and then it worked.

I have another question though, where can I download MN 4 for iOS, it does not appear in the Apple Store in Germany?

Hello

ios.is still under developing

Kind Regards,

Support Team

1 Like

I’m sure that you were understood correctly but be aware that iOS runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. It is the iPhone version you were asking about, the iOS version (only available for iPad at the moment) is already out, it just does not run the iPhone (at the moment).

Small point, but one that could cause confusion to some readers.

Hello

yes you are right

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I have Margin Note 3 licenses por Mac OS and for iPad OS. iPad’s I bought this year. That’s context.

On Mac when I try activating MN 4 offer it tells me I need v Version 3.7.27However I have Version 3.7.25 (3.7.25003) and it is impossible updating since MN 3 tells I am already updated to the last version. From there a nightmare.

Ich used my licenses via Juan.vazquez@the--octavius.com at Mac OS,direct download. But iPad OS was through apple’s App Store account.

By the way, I change system language to English and it is useless.

How can I get the upgrade offer?

Thanks

They have stated on the Chinese forums that the DMG (direct download) version of the App will be ready in about 3 months (about 2.5 now).

We can “read into” this one of a few ways:

• They wanted to get 4 out as soon as possible to as many people as possible and that was only through the App Store.
  • They wanted to encourage their direct-download customers to pay a premium for the non-upgrade cost of the App Store prices.
  • They just weren’t thinking ahead and it didn’t occur to them that the direct download version would take so long.

Any way you look at it, it’s not good. I hope they plan to make up for those customers that bought the product direct from them in some way that isn’t “3 free months of subscription” or some lame thing like that.

Thnks for the information. I don’t speak Chinese such that way of communication left me in the blue. Thus, I appreciate more your answer. I will wait those months and uninstall MN 4.

Nor do I. I use Chrome to translate the pages on the fly as I try to read them.

1 Like

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Thanks. This is good to know because I wrote support separately and never heard back from them.