Google Translate native language?

I don’t know what happened. Usually when I highlight some text from a Japanese PDF and click “Research”, it would bring up Google translate to translate the text to English.

Now when I click “Resarch”, Google translate site is completely in Japanese and for some reason, it’s translating from Japanese to Japanese which doesn’t make sense. I would have to change Japanese to English manually every time I click research. Why is this?

Same issue with me. When I highlight text, it translates from French to French, which makes no sense. I have to manually change the target language to English every single tine. This is annoying. Is there a way to set the target language?

I went into setting of research (lower right corner what looks like a Mercedez sign, and click on “force English”. That worked for me.

En Mac lo he podido solucionar de la siguiente forma.
Preferencias del sistema; Idioma y Región; Idiomas preferidos, y ahí tenia como idiomas preferidos aparte del Español el japonés (a mi me aparecía todo en este idioma) he suprimido el japonés y todo resuelto.