Hard times trying to buy the app (Mac version)

Dear team,

Today the trial was finished and as a happy costumer I decided to upgrade!
However, since the Pop Up was thrown I am experiencing hard times to pay the app!

When I clicked “In app purchase” the icon kept “thinking” for 15 minutes or more, with no further development. Tried this 3 times.
So, I decided to uninstall the app! I’ve already copied the folder generated on iCloud, manually backup up the notes and tried to install it again. Now, I´m unable to download from App Store.

I attached printscreens to show the errors!
Help needed, please!!!

I have already a lot of work done inside the app, some of them pending because of this. I need this asap.!

Thanks
Sérgio

Captura de ecrã 2021-04-15, às 11.12.09 Captura de ecrã 2021-04-15, às 11.23.55 Captura de ecrã 2021-04-15, às 11.25.38

Hello again,

Problem solved (still not understanding why).
I tried now what I would’ve tried before: restart the MAC and try again! :sweat_smile:

Cheers,
Sérgio

Hello

Thank you for your support and encouragement. To us, having ambitious goals and the means to reach them is truly inspiring. We are excited about all the opportunities we have, opportunities to make a difference in this great group. And now, it is up to us. We must make it happen.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hello I have the same problem. I would like to buy the app and sent the email with my ID but have not received anything back. Grateful for any solutions. Thanks!

Hello

I am very sorry for the bad experience. What is your situation now? Are you trying to change the Wi-Fi environment?

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team