Highlight menu above selection

I notice that the menu often appears underneath the text being highlighted instead of above it. This means it often gets in the way, as I tend to need to highlight text being covered up by the menu.

Can the menu appear above the text, where this is possible?

2 Likes

Currently, not supported.

Someone needs to refer to preceding part of the text. For you , you need to refer to following part of the text. Is that right? I want to know your reason to adjust this menu set as research and color all has its shortcuts. This menu is just a temporary display thing. But for you, you often needs it displays longer time and why?
Is that following text decides your selection next manipulation ?

Dear Lanco

Yes, when reading through a document and highlighting, the naturally flow is top to bottom. So obviously the next highlight will come after the current highlight. Because of this, the menu often gets in the way of the text that I am going to read next - so I often need to tap to close the menu.

To clarify, I only want to change the position of the menu - not how it behaves. The menu is capable of appearing both above and below the text. However, this seems to be random and there is a higher chance that it appears below the text, which is not helpful for the reasons mentioned.

Jun

1 Like

Dear Lanco

In case it wasn’t clear, the only change suggested here is to have the menu appear above the selection and not below. Please see the picture in my original post for an example.

Otherwise it keeps blocking my way when I try to highlight more text below what I have just been working on. This often happens because the text below is what I tend to need to highlight next.

Jun

2 Likes

Hello, Jun,

I will write down your suggestion and submit it to developer-Min.

Sincerely,
Bryan

Dear Bryan

Was this suggestion considered? Thanks for raising it with the developer.

Jun

Hello, Jun,
I’m sorry to inform you that the suggestion has not been implemented. But today after I testing it again, I find something new.

I think it’s not random. If you select words from left to right, the pop up menu will appear below the text. Similarly, if you select words from right to left, the pop up menu will appear above the text. I agree that the second way to select text is weird, as usually we read from left to right.
However, I ask for your understanding that as it’s not a bug and currently we need to first deal with great sync issue, your request may not be implemented in the near future.
By the way, if you are indeed troubled by the pop up menu, you could turn this feature off in settings.
Regards,
Bryan