Horizontal and vertical layout in one mindmap

It would be great to have the possibility to decide for each node if the following nodes should be in horizontal or vertical layout. That would make organizing much easier.

5 Likes

Hello

Well, it would bring some problem about the mindmap arrange. As you can see, the nodes in marginnote are arranged automatically. What kind of mindmap would you like to make? It will be better if you give me a draft about your ideal mindmap.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Chelsea
Support Team

1 Like

Oh YES !!

I would LOVE this - is how I use SimpleMind

If not in the same mindmap could you allow it so that different mindmap (including child mindmaps) can have different order settings . For example the default can be set in the main app settings and for each indvidual mindmap you can chang e the settings. The only problem I see is when referencing sections of a minimally in another mindmap I guess you could have the app automatically rearrange the referred nodes to the settings on the current mindmap they are in instead of the original .

Also it would be interesting to see other arrangements. Like in Mindoro you can have the main hierarchy be spiral and then each subsection be vertical. Maybe this can be done through a template in my instrad of implementing a billion new features to allow it .

1 Like

Hi Chelsea,

Sorry for the long delay. Here is what would make it really much better for me to work with MarginNote.
It would be great to have the possibility, to change the orientation within a framework and/or within a childmindmap. I understand, that it is difficult to organize the layout automatically when using different order styles. But with the above mentioned workaround, it should be still possible to do it automatically, while giving the users the possibility to vary in the organization of the information.
Thanks for helping

Hello

future versions will consider adding this function

Kind Regards,

Support Team