How do I import notes(=bookmarks, table of contents) of an added document?

Hi all,

I’ve been using Marginnote for a while and I’ve just had this problem that I can’t seem to figure out.

I like importing multiple documents to one study mindmap, which helps greatly when I want to jump between the lecture note and the textbook.

Recently, I’ve added a pdf document with bookmarks to an existing mindmap but I can’t figure out how to import this document’s bookmarks(=table of contents) from it. (The actual name of the feature goes: Import notes from contents of document.)

When I click import, I can only see options for the current(main) document.

I’m not sure but it seems that this is not currently available in Marginnote 3? If so, I’d like to request this feature.

This is a must-have feature that can make Marginnote 3 even more powerful.

Devs, please consider putting this feature in your todo list. I want this feature so badly.

Thanks.

Hello,

When you try to import bookmarks(TOC), MarginNote will always import from the currently displayed document. Thus, you need to select the added document, make sure it’s in foreground, then import bookmarks.

Regards,
Kevin

WOW. It just works. Thanks Kevin. Can’t stop loving this wonderful app. Keep up the good work. This app is the reason I decided to buy my super expensive iPad!

Glad to hear you’re having a good experience!

Regards,
Kevin