How export notes with select hashtags?

Is there a way to just export notes with select hashtags?

Please advise!

Thanks…

2 Likes

Does this work?

2 Likes

Yes, thanks! I considered that approach, but found that it was a bit cumbersome. Anyway, I thank you very much for the tip! Appreciate it!

I found it cumbersome, too. I hope some kind of filtered export feature will be added.

1 Like

Ditto that — all of that.

Bump.

@Lanco_Support-Team, could you kindly tell us whether you intend to improve support for filtered export, or not?

1 Like

Hello,
It sounds like a good idea. But as you know, there have been hundreds of feature requests in our list and MN3 Team has only one developer. So if we decide to Implement some functions, the first step we will do is to research its background(i.e. how many users require this function & its importance to other users).
The more features MN3 has, the more bugs it will have. So we ask for your understanding that we may not implement all of your requests, but I will record it in our feature list.
Regards,
Bryan

2 Likes

Fair enough, and understood. Although this seems like a relatively easy feature to implement, and it would be extremely useful for MN3 users. I hope you’re able to consider it, and include it for future editions.

Thanks for considering this feature request.

1 Like

Mark me down as another user who would very much like to see this feature in future MarginNote versions. It would certainly be quite welcome for users like me.

Thank you for considering this.

PS-I’m somewhat alarmed that MarginNote only has one developer. You put together a fine product that we’re grateful for, and it would be a shame if it unraveled because of such limited manpower. Is there anything that can be done to add more developers to your app? I confess: knowing this makes me quite nervous about the long-term stability of MarginNote. I hope this can change so that it can become a more stable and reliable app.

2 Likes

Hello,
I have one more questions. Whether you want to just export these selected notes to Devonthink(Rtf/Rtfd) or other formats like OmniOutliner etc.?
As I have tried Devonthink 3 Pro, I fully agree with you now.
Previously, I always looked at MN3 from a student perspective because you know that many students use this app to better enhance their study efficiency. But now I think you hope MN3 can collaborate with more software(Devonthink as an example).

BTW, @JournoProf

Thanks for your reminder. There are lots of reasons why we still keep one-developer team, but please believe min, he has the competence to realize your feature requests.
Regards,
Bryan

1 Like

Ok, I think I’d refer back to an earlier post in which I said said the following…

I think that sums up the answer to your format - features question. I’d also add one important point: beyond including a CSV or Tab-delim exports and an UID in MarginNote-annotated files – and, by extension, the notes they create – MN users are desperately want the existing file exports to work. Right now, almost all of the MN3-export files are clunky and problematic, and require quite a bit of clean up.

In fact, I’ve been working with developers in OmniOutliner, iThoughtsX, Tinderbox, DEVONthink, TextSoap, etc., etc. – all of whom have been working hard to fix and clean up MN3-export files ! I say this not be hard on you guys, but in trying to help you understand how much work we’re doing to remediate the MN3-export files so that we can use them properly.

Happy to explain further if you’d like – or you can just refer to my earlier posts about these concerns.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@JournoProf

Min and I want to share our Product Philosophy of MarginNote with you. Hope the statement could give you faith.

2 Likes

I’m very relieved to hear this. To be honest with you, there’s been quite a bit of chatter over concerns about your small staff and, by extension, the relative fragility of your product as it seems to be wholly dependent on one developer. As you know, many of us have been concerned about problems we’ve had contacting @marginnote support, and getting feedback and answers to many, urgent technical problems. And so, when we learned that MarginNote is using, and is reliant on, just one developer, it seem to only augment our worries about the relative fragility of MarginNote.

I hope all of you understand that your users have been working hard to provide you with robust and helpful feed back so that MarginNote can succeed, and endure for sometime. We benefit by having you produce a better product that we can use. And many of us have invested our work process into MarginNote, and so we’re especially concerned (justifiably, I think) about it’s ability to endure for years to come.

I hope you understand our concerns on this and other, related fronts.

Thank you.

1 Like

@jprint perfectly sums up the many MarginNote problems, needs, and proposed fixes and solutions. for exported files (in various formats).

I would suggest @Lanco_Support-Team & @Sushi_Support-Team (and others on the @marginnote staff) refer to earlier posts that we’ve written about these issues, and that further detail the various problems with each MarginNote-exported file format.

I’m sure many users would be happy to provide @marginnote with additional file samples and screen shots that illustrate the kinds of problems that we’re having with export problems, along with the various scripts that we’re using (e.g., in OmniOutliner and others) to remediate many of these MarginNote-exported file format problems.

Thank you.

1 Like

The Team has re-studied all the threads. And we’ve adjusted the Dev. Plan. Some suggestions of you guys are on the way. Later to expose more details. When alpha test begins within these days, we could even establish a group to discuss dev. information.

Regards,
Lanco

Sadly, my Chinese is rather rusty, so I’m afraid I can’t make sense of the images you posted…!

1 Like

:blush:Don’t mind, Images are just to show we have a detailed study report which CEO, Min get involved. If anything important I will translate it for you. We always cares your voice. Maybe language difference reduce the comunication between us. Your voices are always on our mind. If I got any progress and news, I will show you.

Regards,
Lanco

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it at all. I was kinda kidding… Glad to hear our input has been useful. Maybe we should get a cut when MarginNote hits the big time!

1 Like

I think @jprint should be getting a commission, considering all of the incredible ideas and input he has provide @marginnoteand all of us – to collectively improve the MarginNote apps and processes. It has been invaluable.

1 Like

Yes, we really want to give him some kind of the commission. :rofl: Once CEO Min kidded with me about this. We just don’t know how to get touch with him. To say the least, any upgrading and In-App Purchases redeem code. Any testflight joining rights. You guys do deserve it. Impressive Job !

Regards,
Lanco

1 Like