How to display highlights inside each corresponding heading in the table of contents?

Hi. How can one make the highlighted text to show inside the table of contents, below its corresponding sub-heading in the outline?

I’ve managed to display the table of contents in the outline view (and in the mindmap, but I’m much more interested in the ouline); the notes are added at the end of the outline. Then I thought I had found what I need when I saw that the bottom left small button had an option to sort the notes by page. But the notes are only divided among part I and part II of the pdf, even though the table of contents is properly organized hierarchically in the outline. See pic:

The 3 highlights that can be seen in this pic, should really go just below “Chapter 1. The Machine Learning Landscape” from the TOC. There are more in subheadings of this chapter and sub-subheading, but all of them are displayed at the end of “Part 1…” . Same way, the notes of each subheading of Part 2 are all displayed at the end of all subheadings of part 2, not below their corresponding subheading…

This was the feature I wanted the most and the reason I changed to MarginNote, as it seemed it organized the notes by their corresponding headings. Am I missing something (hopefully)?

Hello

Hi! You can go to the document settings and select "Auto Insertion Posidion" > "group by table of content".

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

1 Like

Oooh, that’s going to help me a lot, thank you!

New notes/highligths are now automatically added below the proper heading :slight_smile:

I went to “Excerpt settings”, which I guess is what you pointed to when saying “document settings” . Just in case I’m still missing something, cause all the notes I´ve taken previously, which are not a few, are still kept as before. Is there a way to organize them automatically as the new ones? I tried with “Rearrange” or “reorganize”, thinking they’d to that but they don’t…

Mmm… still, some new notes are not added to the TOC outline. Might it be due to the previous problem? i.e. there are quite a few notes outside of their corresponding place in the TOC that were taken before activating “Grouping by TOC”. New notes that are after one of these notes seem to be organized after the notes that goes before them, instead of below its heading if those previous notes should have gone before the same heading… (?)

Hello

Hi! I am sorry that currently, there is no way to actually rearrange the notes by TOC if you had not enabled it in the very beginning. This request has been noted, but sorry that I cannot give you a time frame when it will be implemented. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team