How to maintain regular text size when pasting text

When I copy text from a website using the Research tab and paste that text into my note, the text does not conform to my preset size for notes (14 pt.) I always have to change its size after pasting so that it looks like all the other notes. Is there a way to force all pasted text to conform to a specific font/font size, etc ?

2 Likes

I will concur. A simple “Paste Unstyled” or the more standard “Paste and Match Style” would do the trick. I did expect to see the command under the Edit menu. Not finding such a command I’ve resorted to bringing the text through sublime text or obsidian first, whichever I happen to have open.

In fact it is currently possible to clear the style by multi-selecting the card.

Regards.

Is this done only in mindmap mode for each card one by one after the fact? I was hoping to do it in read/book mode and apply it to all future paste jobs.

Thank you, but if I’ve already done some formatting on the card and I just want to paste the text from the web page with the formatting present at the insertion point then there is no way to do this in the standard way (Paste Unstyled or Paste and Match Style).

@sjd You can select multiple nodes and choose the command but I’m not certain that would be helpful.