How to make Folder & Category system work?

I’ve requested and suggested ways that MarginNote change its Folder & Category system. But I’m trying to find hack solutions to organize files.

As part of that, I want to create subject categories and sub-categories (e.g., Fruit -> Oranges ; Bananas ; Peaches ), and priorities (e.g., High, Medium, Low) – and I want to ensure that all of this can sync between MacOS and iOS platforms.

Also, ideally, I’d love for there to be a way to be able to see files intersect between subject categories & sub-categories and priorities – so that I can see sub-categories by their level of urgency (e.g. Oranges + High).

If this cannot be accomplished through MN’s existing Folder & Category system, what would other users suggest as a hack solution?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m in totally agreement with this post, and have been yearning for MarginNote to upgrade their Folder and Category approach. Many of us have.

In lieu of any immediate solution (or rather, a solution to this that @jprint and others asked for long ago), I’m also wondering what kind of “hack” or workaround solution other users (or even @marginnote / @Support-Team ) would recommend.

Many thanks for any help you could provide.