How to protect my correction on OCR results

Good morning. I would like to understand the difference between these settings related to OCR Pro: “Select Text by Offline OCR” (what is the difference between “Off”, “Auto” and “Always”? What are the consequences?) And "Auto Correct Expert Text Online ”(if unchecked, what happens?). The result I want to achieve is that, once the OCR has obtained the text from an image and I have made the corrections, these (my corrections) are not then modified again by the OCR. Thank you

Hello

Hello, for a detailed description of OCR PRO features:

1. Select Text by Offline OCR
    Off:Scanned PDF text can not be selected
    Auto:Automatic OCR of the page you’re currently reading
    Always:OCR the entire scanned PDF of all pages.
  2. Auto Correct Expert Text Online
    On:When networking, text extracted from scanned PDFs will automatically be checked and corrected for misidentified characters.
    Off:Turn off the calibration service of the online OCR engine

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

Why do I lost my corrections on OCR results? (I correct OCR results , close the app - I work on iPad - then in a second time the text returns to the first - wrong - result of OCR)

Hello

How about turning off the auto-correction switch? If it still automatically replaces the content you manually corrected with the wrong content, it may be that iCloud synced the previous data.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

but if I’m switch off the auto-correction, does it mean I’m giving up my OCR Pro subscription?

Hello

Hi, the auto-correction feature actually uses the online service engine, while the main body of the OCR PRO service is the offline recognition provided by ABBYY. With this feature turned off you can still process scanned PDFs offline, and manual correction is more accurate in some cases.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Edward
Support Team

1 Like