How to stop Auto Locate when editing excerpts in the MindMap?

Currently, I have all the Auto Locate settings turned off (e.g. Auto Locate Document, Auto Locate MindMap, and Auto Locate Current Note in Other Windows). However, whenever I edit an excerpt in the MindMap, it auto locates the location of that excerpt in the document and I lose my place in the document.

If I switch to Outline view and edit the excerpt from the Outline, this doesn’t happen. Is there any way to turn off the Auto Locate when editing in MindMap view as well?

Hello, would you be able to upload some screenshots or videos describing it in detail? That way I can help you better.

Thanks for the response. I realized later that double tapping on the excerpt text to edit in the MindMap does not result in Auto Locate. The Auto Locate only happens when I click on the edit button for the excerpt (from the screenshot).

I want to discuss this topic. It this behaviour correct? I have the same situation that OP had, but only with some condition.

If I have several excerpts in my box in the MindMap, then regardless of which excerpt I select in this particular box, when I click “Edit” button, The Auto Locate happens and it opens document linked with the first excerpt. Even if I click for the second excerpt or third (and every excerpt connected to its own corresponded document), auto locate always opens only the first document. It seems very strange.

@Support-Team what do you think about this behaviour? I believe that a relevant document should be open, or this Auto Location behaviour should be turned off completely (auto locations seems unwanted because a pop-up window with the excerpts appears and it’s located over the “document” window)

U can close it. There are buttons to close or open with your choice

1 Like

It happens even if I turned off all auto-location options.