How to use an iPad to scribble on Mac version?

I only use Marginnote 3 on my mac and sometimes I would like to add scribbles to a note and an iPad could be handy to do that. However, I am not exactly sure how to do it. Should I use a second program to sync my iPad drawings directly to my Mac (like using the iPad as a mouse) or should I also download Marginnode on my iPad and sync the files?

Hello

I recommend you use a second program to sync what you draw. MarginNote on iOS also syncs, but it is sold separately from the Mac version and syncs rather slowly compared to airdrop (because it's using iCloud). Of course, it would be great if you could support us by purchasing the iOS version of MarginNote, and you will be able to enjoy a much better experience because you can view and edit your notes anywhere~ (It also has a unique subscription service called OCR Pro, which is very handy when dealing with scanned textbooks).

You can also try sidecar and other tricks to draw directly on the MarginNote on your Mac.

Hopefully that helps!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

1 Like

Luna Display (dongle + software) allows wireless use of iPad with desktop as an external drawing pad, and Duet (software) uses USB to do the sam

1 Like

Hello

Duet and Apple's sidecar has some significant lag from my personal experiences I have never tried Luna though.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Sushi
Support Team

Thanks for the recommendations, I will try them later.

Did you find a suitable workaround @uduse? I’m facing the same issue and I’d love to be able to make scribbles on my notes. Thank you!

Nope I gave up :)))

1 Like