iCloud Sync Issues: Downloading Documents that is Already in my Mac?

I record video lectures with my mac, and then upload files to MarginNote, Click button that allows file tupload to iCloud Drive.
But today, something weird happened. I usually use personal hotspot since I study outside. My hotspot data allowance was draining crazy. I use 200GB/month as a plan, But it ran out by an hour.

It looks like it’s downloading content in iCloud even though I already have the file in MarginNote.

Hello

Your upload process also consumes data

Kind Regards,

Support Team

It’s weird that I don’t have enough file which costs 90GB. Even the whole file in iCloud drive doesn’t add up that much. (P.S. 90% of my iCloud drive is used by MarginNote.)

Also, I use marginnote with Mac and iPad, iPhone in a daily basis, and iCloud was synced properly.
I never dumped big file like 90GB a day, and I usually use handbrake app to convert video files to 100MB~200MB. That’s like the biggest file I handle in my MarginNote iCloud folder, and I add 10~15 files a day.

Hello

Does your Mac have open space optimization? You can see what processes are doing a lot of network activity in the activity monitor

Kind Regards,

Support Team