Improving EPUB performance

I have some books in EPUB format that I want to annotate in MarginNote. I tried converting the EPUBs to PDF but no matter the software used I always got an error. I tried many tools online (websites) as well as Calibre (an application).

While annotating EPUBs, I noticed 2 main issues with performance:

1. When I open an EPUB in a Notebook I get a “Calculating pages…” message with a bar for about 10-15 minutes. If I change the width of the document, by dragging on the arrows, I get the same message and bar again and again.

2. If I try to perform a search in the Document, I get another loading bar and it takes a long time to get the results. Performing 1 search takes more than 15 minutes!

If you could address these 2 performance issues with EPUBs, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
David

1 Like

I agree some performance optimization when loading documents would be nice… also the main reason why I upgraded devices :frowning:

As for converting epub to PDF documents, I’ve always found calibre to be the best. If you can open your epub in MN, then I’m assuming the document isn’t DRMed?