Insists on starting with the same document

Rather than opening the document I was reading last, the app insists on opening one particular document every time I start it.

I tried to delete the document, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still starts with the same document, but as it is deleted, now opens a blank page and insists on calling that blank page the name of the document.

3 Likes

yes very irritating, specially when opening a very big mind map that takes alot of time to open on the ipad. maybe practical if open mn for the first time and want to start where you quit last day but not when you want to open a secon mn screen with other documents/maps.

altough its pretty easy to open other mindmaps through “search - all mind maps” function.

1 Like

Having the same problem on OS X version of MN3: app now obsessively starts up on the same document every time, despite that not being what was open when I last closed the app.

Is there a fix or at least a hack for this problem?

3 Likes

Hello

turn on
~/Library/Containers/QReader.MarginStudyMac/Data/Library/Preferences
~/Library/Containers/QReader.MarginStudyMac/Data/Library/SyncedPreferences
Under these two directories,
Delete the file "QReader.MarginStudyMac.plist".

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

2 Likes

Perfect. Fixed, cheers.

Yep. Worked. Thanks!

Hello,

The solution you provided does work, but only temporarily (at least for me). The same issue would appear again some time later, which means I have to delete the plist file every once in a while. Please report to the dev team and fix this issue permanently. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello

I have raised this issue to the developer team and we will see what we can do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-QSD
Support Team

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me - can’t find QReader.MarginStudyMac on macOS Ventura.
Also, the bug has happily survived yet another year - is it possible to fix it please?

1 Like