[Ipad] Unable to add external folder

Hi,

I purchased the MAX version of MarginNote 4. The sync work just fine with the icloud except for the document sync. I tried to sync documents via adding external folders.

I can add external folders on the Mac version without any issues. However, I am unable to add external folders on my iPad. There is a button for adding external folders, but once I select a folder, it keeps opening and I cannot add it.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you,
Bank

1 Like

Hello

Cloud Drive other than iCloud Drive cannot be added as an external folder on iPad due to system limitations

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello Support Team,

Thank you for letting me know. May I ask if you are working on it or will it be resolved any time soon?

Best wishes,

Bank

Hello

Restrictions are caused by iPados restrictions, need to see Apple

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Thank you! Hope you can solve it any time soon. It’s almost perfect sync between devices using other sources than icloud.

Best wishes

Bank

I hope this gets resolved as well.

I would not hold out hope. MN’s claims that it is caused by iPad iOS restrictions tells me that there is nothing they can do about it. I know GoodReader allows this to some extent though it is somewhat clumsy and perhaps MN cannot function with the clumsiness present in GoodReader. I think GoodReader opens the copy locally and then saves to the remote location when the document is closed.

Since MN never touches the original document, I wonder why MN cannot also do this, but not being a developer I don’t know what hacks are required to get this to work smoothly.

1 Like

Hello

At present, it is achieved through the file app, and it is through Finder on Mac. Other support methods require new development, which is not the same way as now. Your suggestions have been feedback.

Kind Regards,

Support Team