Yes!!! I completely agree, and have been urging MarginNote support to do the same.
As a matter of fact, I’ve repeatedly made inquiries to them about this. And I even gave them additional info that they requested so that they could fix this problem.
But nothing has come of it. I find it bewildering.
It’s more than just a glitch: I’m trying to determine what files are in those folders so I don’t lose that data – otherwise I’d just delete them.
I sincerely hope that the MarginNote developers and tech support staff can fix this – or at the very least, just acknowledge this problem. This is the biggest problem that I’ve faced with MarginNote. Well, that and feeling like its users’ issues are just being ignored.