Japanese text not recognized

Helllo, I’ve been trying to use MarginNote to help me study Japanese but the characters don’t register when I highlight them. It’ll recognize the English and the romaji scripts but not the kana nor the characters. I checked the forum here and it was stated that there was language support for Japanese and Chinese as well but they don’t register when highlighted. Help would be much appreciated

Hello

If you have OCRpro, you can turn off the apple OCR engine and open the online witness excerpt text for better results

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello, I appreciate the timely response. I do indeed have pro and I tried turning it off and on, and also switching between apple ocr and back and nothing changed.
While, I can use the picture function, it isn’t always productive for taking notes from more text-heavy resources.

Hello

Is the online correction excerpt text open?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hello

And by setting Use Local OCR to Always ensure that the PDF does not come with a built-in text layer

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Sorry, but what do you mean by open ? It picks up the English text just fine but when it highlights the kana and kanji, it doesn’t show anything at all

Hello

In the OCR settings options, online correction excerpt text. Baidu’s OCR engine has better support for Japanese. If not, it is recommended to try other OCR software to OCR the PDF first

Kind Regards,

Support Team

I don’t have any option for Baidu OCR. Do I have to download it from somewhere else ? Is there some sort of extension I have to download ?

I’ve switched the options in both of these settings and literally nothing changes. It (naturally) doesn’t pick up Chinese characters for me either…

Hello

Is it convenient for you to send a PDF?

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Honestly, I give up at this point.

I hope for better, more efficient updates in the future, but this service is very disappointing for what’s offered considering you have to pay for OCR pro.

I appreciate the timely responses but otherwise it’s been unhelpful