Kernel panic issue by MarginNote 3

Hi all. I’m using the margin note 3 app very well both in Mac and in my iPad. And I’d like to ask you something about happening that I had just before, and I’d like to report this issue to all those who are using this app.

When I was using this app on my laptop 10 mins ago, exactly I was on the study mode, suddenly it made the unexpected restart error and my mac made the problem report automatically. Just wondering, is there something wrong on the application, or my laptop please?

Thanks for reading and please let me know ASAP about this issue and how to troubleshoot.

Hello, jerome. We need more details to identify any problem areas. Could you please save the whole log as a .txt file and upload to forum?

Regards,
Lea
Support Team

Hi. Lea. Thanks for replying to me that quick. Yes. Here is the whole log as a .txt and please check it if it’s okay or not. For now, I haven’t even opened the Margin Note application just in case for occurring again suddenly, and hope I may use it again and it never come up again.
jerome’s_issue.txt (10.0 KB)

P.S: My laptop is Macbook pro retina 15’ mid 2015. And Operating system is Mojave. I was using the margin note 3 while I turned on the youtube channel through a browser. No any third-party app.

Hello, jerome, try not to “Enable Metal” in Preference. This option may be related to the restarting.

Regards,
Lea
Support Team

Okay. I did. Thanks. Is this a kind of bugs please especially for Mac made in 2015? So for now, I won’t be able to use the handwriting Engine until you figure it out why it function affects to restart the Mac and fix that issue, right? Anyway, it was very helpful and so far everything is okay. I appreciate you guys’ supports.

Many Thanks,
Jerome JaeHong Cheon from S.Korea

Actually, your MBP 2015 does support Meta: Mac computers that support Metal

But Catalina is more mature than Mojave to use Metal. Maybe you can consider upgrading to Catalina.

Regards,
Lea
Support Team