Link to a note in another map?

Is it possible to link to a note in another map? I have the GUID of the note (Cmd+Shift+C) but how can I create a link?

What I would like to achieve is to document a reference into another Mindmap – are there other options?

1 Like

If you tap the link button so that the link icon appears in the screen, you can go back to the main menu and open another notebook, and then drag the link icon onto the note you want to link to. The “go to mind map” button that appears when tapping the link will take you back to the other mind map.

Not something one would intuitively expect would be possible but it is.

4 Likes

Thank you! I wouldn’t have thought this is possible but it works :slight_smile:

I just tried this and it worked. I assume that this is the only way to do this? Is there another method? Also, I can’t figure out how to delete the link once it’s created in the second notebook. Any ideas?

Same here. Can’t see how to delete.

In a pinch, you could delete the note in the second notebook. This also removes the link in the first notebook (the “linked from” note). Obviously, if the note you are about to delete has a sub-tree, you will need to select “Delete Card” so you don’t lose the sub-tree. Then recreate the note that you deleted, reconnect the sub-tree and it will be as it was before you created the link.

Ideally, there should be a “Delete link” context menu item, but just being able to link across notebooks like this is amazing.